Studying Psychology in Nigeria has more to do with prestige and honor than it has to do with academics.
But, like every good thing, psychology doesn’t come easy. There are specific requirements to study psychology in Nigeria, and they are clearly stated in this article.
To successfully study psychology in Nigeria, aspirants have to meet up the requirements of the study. Keep reading to find out.
Requirements to Study Psychology in Nigeria
The following is required to study Psychology at any University in Nigeria that offers Psychology,
- 5 ‘O’ Level Credits including English Language, Biology, and Mathematics and two Social Science subjects from any of the following
2. Score at least 180 in the UTME and Post UTME examinations
3. For Direct Entry students, you need At least two ‘A-Level passes to include two Social Science subjects.
Is Psychology a Good Course in Nigeria?
Psychology is rated as one of the most lucrative courses to study in Nigeria due to the various fields in which their services can be deployed.
A graduate of psychology in Nigeria is suitably qualified to prefer solutions for cases of:
- Child & Adolescent Development (puberty)
- Criminal Justice & Investigation
- Psychology concerning Law
- Workplace Psychology e.t.c.
With in-depth knowledge in the above-stated areas, it is quite true that they can be employed in all areas of human endeavor.
The study of psychology in Nigeria is a big deal, one that requires passion and a zeal to succeed.
Do well to leave us a comment via the comment section as we would like to know what you think.
We also love to answer your other questions about the requirements to study psychology in Nigeria.