|LASU-FCE Osiele 2021 Sandwich Degree Admission Form Modular Year|
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed programmes in Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta, Sandwich Degree Programmes for 2019 Modular Year.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION: B.SC(ED), B.A(ED) & B.ED, FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
B.Sc Education: Economics, Business Education, Political Science, Accounting Education, Educational Management.
B.A. Education: Christian Religious Studies, French Language, Islamic Religious Studies, English Language, Yoruba Language.
GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Five O’Level Credits / TCII Merit Passes at not more than two (2) sittings with two (2) of the subjects at A Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
- A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level.
- Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports.
FIVE (5) YEAR SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMME
The (5) year Sandwich Degree Programme is for candidates with NCE but also fall short of entry qualification for the four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS
- English Major: in Literature in English, English Language and Mathematics at O Level or its equivalent
should have credit pass.
- Economics Major: in English Language, Mathematics and Economics should have credit pass
- Physical & Health Education, Political Science Major: At least, in English Language should have credit passand Credit Pass in Mathematics or O Level or its equivalent should have credit pass.
- Health Education Major: in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics should have credit pass.
- Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificate, Environmental Health plus five (5) O Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Step 1: Applicants are to visit any commercial bank and pay N10,300.00 (application form and other charges) for LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY OJO (ABEOKUTA SANDWICH) DEGREE PROGRAMME through the eTranzact Platform and obtain payment receipt.
The applicant next then proceed to the College portal (see Step 2), log in with the etranzact’s CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER and complete theregistration form
following steps 2 to 7.
Step 2: at the site fce-abeokuta.edu.ng, click LASU-ABK SANDWICH;
Step 3: Enter your entrazact’s CONFIRMATION ORDER NUMBER. This will take you to a Registration page which will display the online form;
Step 4: On the registration form, type your details in the spaces provided;
Step 5: On completion of your personal details on the online registration form, submit and wait to see the message: Successfully Registered.
Step 6: PRINT FORM. This will display your completed online form. At this
stage, you are advised to save the copy of the form before printing.
Step 7: Finally, all applicants are to take the printed form (hardcopy) and bank
teller/etranzact payment receipt to LASU Sandwich Degree Office, CESAPREP FCE Abeokuta and obtain a College receipt.
- General English at NCE is acceptable for O Level English for all courses except English major.
- Merit in Arithmetic possessed at TC is acceptable as equivalent for O Level Mathematics.
- Other considerations:
- CIS (Part II) ICAN (Part II) are acceptable for Economics.
- Holders of Certificates issued by recognised Arabic institutions who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE O Level may be considered for admission subject to the fulfillment of other entry requirements NCE (Arabic) at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- Diploma in Environmental Health, Health Education, Physical Education, social work, Health Administration and overall grades of Merit in addition three O’Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes which should also include English Language is acceptable for: Health Education and Human Kinetics Sports/PHE,
Closing Date of Application is six (6) weeks after this post was published