Being is a popular online web site that allows users to access a wide range of services such as online search results, breaking news, support for online mail systems, a directory, and yahoo answers, among others, Yahoo has millions of teeming users all around the world.
However, regardless of however numerous the possibilities are that Yahoo offers its users, some these users still seek to delete their account with the leading online search engine and mail company.
For whatever reason it may be, if you ever seek to delete your account with Yahoo, here is how.
How to Delete Your Yahoo Account
If you’re deleting your account because of email spamming here is what to do
- Mark the email as spam
- Unsubscribe from their newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
However here to actually permanently delete your account with Yahoo
Deleting Your Account Using The Website
- Go to www.yahoo.com and sign in using your Yahoo account.
- Go to https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete user after you’ve logged into your account.
- When you click the link, you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen where you may confirm that you wish to delete your account.
- Enter your password and captcha, then click the YES, TERMINATE THIS ACCOUNT button.
- After you click this button, your account will be deactivated and removed within 90 days.
- Go to https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/index.htm for more information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link feedback form under SUGGESTION & FEEDBACK.
- Enter your reason for deleting the account in the detailed description field.
- Fill in the Captcha and click the CREATE REQUEST button.
PS: The email sending process can take up to 72 hours, so check your inbox for updates on how to delete your account during that period.
It is however not advisable you delete your Yahoo account. Your best chance if you notice strange in your account is to disable it.
Your Yahoo account will be temporarily disabled, and you will be able to reactivate it after 2 hours.
Deleting your account on the other hand, is a permanent and an irreversible operation.
We hope this was helpful to you. Leave us a feedback via the comment section when you successfully delete your account.
Leave a Comment