In a world evenly linked by technology, you may never know when an opportunity may arise either for work, education or just tourism, thereby needing to travel to somewhere new with different cultures and language.
Just so saw you are not stranded in any way, Duolingo an online learning platform offers you a way to get prepared before such opportunities shows up.
Having been founded by Luis von Ahn and Severin Hacker Doulingo is one of the top online language learning portals available worldwide. With more than 130 million registered users.
Duolingo is an American language-learning website and mobile app which allows users practice vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation using spaced repetition.
Exercises can include written translation, reading and speaking comprehension, and short stories. It allows users to learn new languages in a fun and engaging way.
The website allows users to establish or edit accounts, play language-related games, and enhance their language skills by tracking their progress.
With this massive advantage, it is however very shocking the rate at which people seek to deactivate and permanently delete their Duolingo App.
If you are an active Duolingo user who wishes to permanently delete their account, here is a detailed step-by-step process on how to do so.
How to Delete Your Doulingo Account
If you are canceling your account due to a newsletter or email from them, here is what to do
- Label the email as spam by clicking the spam button at the top of the email or unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
However here are ways to permanently delete your account from the Trillian website and app
Using The Website
- Sign in to your account by going to “http://duolingo.com/“
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on your USERNAME near your profile picture at the top of the page.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Click the option DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT at the bottom of the settings.
- After clicking deactivate account, a pop-up box will open. Click DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT to erase your account completely.
- Create a new email in your registered email account.
- Write an email to their customer service using the address Support@duolingo.com
- As Subject, use “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT”
Now, draft a mail to delete your account using the sample provided here. However, to completely erase your account, uninstall the Duolingo app from your smartphone after deactivating your account from the website.
You can leave a comment for us after you have successfully deleted your account.