Imagine losing vital documents and files on you PC as a result of a virus or a bug. The frustration and anger could be out of this world.
What’s worse is that your PC can totally crash or malfunction significantly due to these things. This is why Avast remains a trusted brand against these viruses.
Avast is a threat-detection network, antivirus that won’t slow down your PC. Fast, lightweight and easy to use. Scan your PC with one click of the software.
It is a security software that protects your computer from hacking and viruses.
With more than 400 million customers worldwide, Avast allows users create account on their website, change their profile, sign up for promotional offers, and download or extend the expiration date of their software.
Despite the security offers to its users, some users however, for some reason or the other seek to delete their Avast account.
Whatever the reason may be, if you want to delete your Avast account, this is how
How to Delete Your Avast Account
If you’re deleting your account because of email spamming here is what to do
- Marking the email as spam
- Unsubscribe from their newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email
However here are ways to permanently delete your account from with Avast
Deleting Your Avast Account Via Website
- Log in to your account at the following url: https://id.avast.com/#login.
- A drop-down list will display after you log in to your account and click on your name in the upper right column.
- Select PROFILE DETAILS from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Profile Details page and click the DELETE ACCOUNT option.
- A pop-up notice will show when you click the delete account button; click OK to permanently deactivate your account.
Deleting Your Avast Account Via Email
- Create a new email in your registered email account.
- Customerservice@avast.com is the email address to send to.
- Use REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT as subject.
- Now draft a mail and send.
There you have it, simple steps on how to delete your Avast account.
We hope this was helpful to you. Leave us a feedback via the comment section when you successfully delete your account.